As mobile wireless continues to make the transition to data and video-dominated broadband, unprecedented demands...
Radio Frequency Systems (RFS) today announced that it experienced worldwide growth in deployments of its RADIAFLEX® and CELLFLEX® cables and related products for distributed antenna systems (DAS) in 2015.
The company’s market-leading passive and active in-tunnel and in-building wireless networking solutions were used by major mobile operators and integrators to deliver uninterrupted coverage and capacity in some of the most challenging indoor venues, including office buildings, metro rail tunnels, road tunnels, airports, and stadiums.
RFS achieved deployments all over the world in 2015, including:
- Algeria: Commercial radio system for Algiers metro
- Brazil: Multiple high-profile locations including strategic venues for Metro Rio 2016 Olympic Games at Engenhão Stadium, International Broadcasting Center (IBC), Main Press Center (MPC), hotels and malls. Mission critical radio network for Rio de Janeiro being implemented by RFS.
- China / Hong Kong / Taiwan: Numerous in-tunnel rail networks, including Taiwan/Taoyuan airport express rail telecommunication system; the China/Shenzhen line 7/9 commercial telecommunications system and the China/Guangzhou line 7/9/13 mission critical radio (TETRA) system, the Hong Kong/Shatin to Central Link radio system and the in-tunnel metro networks for Hong Kong/Express Rail Link and South Island Line
- Czech Republic: Commercial radio in-tunnel network for Metro Prague
- Germany: In-tunnel and in-building TETRA essential radio rollout, including Metro Cologne
- India: Mission critical network for Metro Delhi tunnel, Metro Chennai and Chennai Nashri Tunnel roadways
- Iraq: Commercial radio in-building network solutions
- Korea: Mission critical network for Incheon airport (Phase 2)
- Malaysia: Mission critical (TETRA) network for Kuala Lumpur Metro Line 1
- Netherlands: In-tunnel networks for the KWA Tunnel Maastricht roadway and Metro Rotterdam
- Norway: Mission critical radio network for numerous road tunnels
- Portugal: Telecommunications network for the Marão road tunnel
- Saudi Arabia: In-tunnel network for Metro Riyadh, and commercial radio network for holy mosque’s building complex and connecting hallway in Makkah
- Singapore: Metro network (commercial radio, mission critical radio / signaling) for Down Town Line 3
- Thailand: In-tunnel network for Bangkok Metro’s Purple Line
- UAE: In-building network for Midfield Airport and numerous buildings
- UK: CrossRail London network
- US: Metro networks in New York and California
"RFS’ successes in providing in-tunnel and in-building wireless networking solutions and distributed antenna systems for some of the most challenging environments in the world are a testament to the quality of our cables, jumpers, splitters, connectors and accessories," said Peter Raabe, RFS Global Product Line Director, Transmission Lines and Wireless Indoor Solutions.
"RFS solutions enable the anytime, anywhere connectivity that people are coming to expect, wherever they happen to be. Operators around the world can now provide wireless service in areas where only recently they were unable to do so. RFS’ flexible infrastructure solutions help make it all possible and the expansion of service facilitated by RFS is a benefit to everyone."
The RFS RADIAFLEX® suite of radiating cables is designed to provide wireless broadband coverage for confined areas. The unique design allows RFS to offer cables that support current and future indoor commercial and essential radio services from 30MHz to 2,700MHz and above for valuable cost savings. The broadband feature enables cables to work on different bands in one single coverage system, thereby supporting multiple carriers and multiple standards sharing the same infrastructure.
RFS CELLFLEX® foam dielectric feeder cables provide a reliable and technically superior solution when used as backbone feeders in cellular radio systems, including GSM, UMTS and LTE networks. They are also used for DAS radio equipment interconnections and jumper assemblies.
Once installed, these cables ensure uninterrupted communications with low attenuation and complete shielding. Superior voltage standing wave ratio (VSWR) performance and low passive intermodulation (PIM) of RFS cables and components help maintain system integrity at all times. And a full range of flame and fire-retardant feeder and radiating cables is available, which meet the most stringent requirements and safety standards for indoor applications.
RFS will highlight its global network solutions at Middle East Rail 2016 in Dubai World Trade Center (DWTC), Sheikh Saeed Hall 2, Booth E11.
One of the primary challenges in designing a solution to offer comprehensive wireless access within...
RADIAFLEX® is the world's leading, leaking feeder cable solution. Designed to provide, contoured RF indoor...
Radio Frequency Systems (RFS), a global wireless and broadcast infrastructure specialist, will feature new, leading-edge...