CETEST performs field testing activities to evaluate designs based on external and internal requirements for electromagnetic interference (EMI) / electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), aerodynamics, temperature and humidity.
EMI / EMC
The company carries out field tests for the verification of standalone components and full vehicles for R&D and homologation purposes, according to international standards:
Electromagnetic emissions (conducted, radiated or induced) are measured and monitored during frequency spectrum and time domain studies.
Instrumentation capacities include antennae, probes and sensors, such as:
- Electric and magnetic field antennae
- Near-field probes
- Current probes and voltage sensors
- Line impedance stabilisation networks (LISN)
CETEST tests immunity systems for electrostatic discharge, electrical fast transients, chokes, and conducted and radiated interferences caused by radio frequencies (RF).
The company performs field tests to verify designs and validate numerical vehicle models for homologation and R&D purposes, according to international standard EN 14067.
Main capacities include the test and evaluation of:
- Resistance to motion
- Entry into tunnels and passages
- Head pressure wave
- Slipstream effect
- Characterisation of under-frame aerodynamics
CETEST provides expertise in the field of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC). We can provide assistance during the homologation process and resolve issues related to HVAC systems.
Testing capabilities include:
- Vehicle heat transfer test
- Vehicle leak detection and pressurisation
- Air balance testing
- Testing for components subjected to extreme climatic conditions
- Performance evaluation of full HVAC systems
- Thermal comfort
- Full scale mock-ups for climatic simulations