Lubrication and Cooling Systems
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
Bijur Delimon International (BDI), the Lubrication Group of Industrial Manufacturing Company International, is made up of six of the foremost lubrication and cooling companies in the world: Bijur, Delimon, Farval, Denco Lubrication, Lubrimonsa and LubeSite.
Founded in 1872, Delimon is best known as a leading provider of proven lubricating solutions to Germany’s many heavy industries. For more than 125 years, Delimon has been developing and manufacturing centralised lubrication systems. Headquartered in Dusseldorf, Germany, and with additional manufacturing capability in Beierfeld, Delimon became part of the Bijur Delimon International family in 2001.
Lubrication and cooling systems for the railway industry
BDI has grown into one of the major global lubrication and cooling providers. With operations on three continents, it is well-positioned to offer the broadest range of lubrication products in the world. BDI is a global leader in the design and manufacture of heavy-duty grease systems, oil recirculation systems, light-duty oil systems, mobile fluid grease applicators, single-point lubricators, and cooling and chilling units.
Delimon guarantees an onnovative service that provides:
- Increased process safety
- Less failures
- Reduced energy costs
- Less rework
- Cost savings
Delimon has local branches, distributors and partners across Europe, Asia and overseas. We provide specialist service teams who speak your language and we can be found in 50 countries worldwide.
Mobile wheel flange lubrication system for railways
Railjet, Delimon’s mobile wheel flange lubrication system, enables underground trains, trams and railway trains to run from one station to the next with a low noise level. Railjet works by reducing friction to a minimum and minimizing wear on both the wheel flange and rail.
Using compressed air, the lubricants are sprayed onto the wheel flanges and, while the train is running, automatically transfer via the rail flanks on the wheel flanges of the following wheel sets.
The Railjet wheel flange lubrication system is provided with a Siemens electronic control system as standard. The drive of the metering pump works in three ways:
- In case of the path-dependent drive, the spraying pulse is initiated via an existing path signal from the vehicle control system or via an additional transmitter; the path intervals between the spraying pulses are programmable and thus freely selectable
- The time-dependent drive triggers the spraying pulse after expiration of a programmable pause time
- In case of the arc-dependent drive of the metering pump, an inclination angle transmitter triggers the spraying pulse; here, only the starting wheel flange area is lubricated
The metering pump can also be controlled directly from the vehicle. In this case, the Delimon control system is not installed.
Wheel flange lubrication system benefits
Advantages of the Railjet system include:
- 5% to 15% saving in driving energy
- Reduction of wear by up to 80%
- Cost reduction due to greater reprofiling intervals
- Preservation of environment by noise attenuation
- Compatible with biodegradable lubricants
- Adjustable intelligent electronic control, allowing adaptation to all operational requirements
Stationary track lubrication system for railways
Delimon’s StaTrack decentral system feeds distributed points in the trackage. It works with a central grease pump, delivering the lubricant via a high-pressure line directly to the lubrication points of the rail. For double-track systems, two pumps that work independently of each other can be installed in one cabinet.
The StaTrack central system is installed, for example, in industrial yards and the entrance and exit of car sheds. Due to progressive distributors, individual tracks are often supplied with lubricants via a common pump. The connection of a track and apportioning of the lubricant are effected via so-called track distributors on site. The progressive distributors allow a comprehensive monitoring of the system.
Track decentral lubrication system
Advantages of the StaTrack system include:
- Reduction of wear at wheel and rail
- Reduction of noise to a minimum
- Biodegradable lubricants of good adherence can be metered precisely, therefore an environmentally friendly solution
- Lubrication times and intervals can be adapted to local conditions.
- Minimal lubricant consumption
- Increased reliability