Train Bogie Production and Testing
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
PROMEC is an engineering and manufacturing company operating in the railway bogies' market. Our engineering staff designs and develops advanced bogie testing machines, trustworthy fixtures, and every critical workshop tool or equipment.
Our production covers:
- Railway bogies
- Bogie test presses
- Spring test presses
- Rail weighing and handling systems
- Railway workshops and depot facilities
- Fixtures and jigs
- Rolling stock components and subassemblies, such as gearboxes, body bolsters and frames
PROMEC operates in accordance with international standards, and possesses the following certifications:
- DIN EN 15085 CL1 for design and welding of rolling stock and relevant components
- UNI EN ISO 3834 for welding activities
- UNI EN ISO 9001 for our quality-management system
Rolling stock bogies production
Our expertise covers every single critical element of the bogies' lifecycle. We completely execute and manage the end-to-end process of bogie production, relying on extensive expertise in welding, machining, assembling and testing.
The bogie manufacturing process is accomplished entirely with workshop tools, fixtures and test presses designed by our engineering team and completely manufactured in our plant. Our production and organisation can easily fulfil customers' every need.
PROMEC produces powered and non-powered bogies for all track gauges, including:
- Passenger carriage bogies
- Freight wagon bogies
- Locomotive bogies
- Light and heavy metro bogies
- Tramway bogies
Customised bogie test press
The bogie test press produced by PROMEC is designed to carry out the final testing for bogies. The press can be customised to perform tests for different bogie models. It features:
- Adjustable-height beam press and adjustable position for thrust cylinders
- Two or three-cylinder press (for centre plate load simulation)
- Wheel load distribution
- Automatic calculation of shim plates' thickness
- Air suspension leakage test
- Suspension air pressure calculation
- Computer-controlled operation: either load-driven (height is read as result) or height-driven (load is read as result)
- Automatic data collection and inspection, and certification report printing
- Innovative automatic dimensional data-gathering solutions (to easily accomplish dimensional bogies' critical point measurements under load simulation)
- Database unit for storing bogies' design data, test sequences, and historical data of every single bogie we have tested
Bogie spring test press
The PROMEC spring test press is a flexible and accurate testing device of bogie suspension coils. The load is applied hydraulically and data acquisition is controlled by a computer.
Springs are dynamically tested in a single automatic routine, data are collected continuously and test results are plotted graphically and compared to the ideal spring rate curve generating a printed inspection report. A metal ribbon, marked with spring data, is produced to be applied to the tested spring.
Features of our bogie spring test press include:
- Force and displacement
- Height under load
- Axial rigidity
- Transversal rigidity
- Spring chaise
- Natural axle deviation under load
- Test certificate and label printing
Jig and fixture systems
PROMEC designs and manufactures mechanic and hydraulic metalwork fixture systems for bogie production lines. Jigs and fixtures are developed with the aim of improving the effectiveness of workshop tasks.
Speed of job execution, accuracy and regular production quality are basic requirements we apply to fixture design and implementation.
Available White Papers
Engineering and Manufacturing Services for the Railway Industry PROMEC is an engineering and manufacturing company established in 1986 to design and produce mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and automatic equipment, dies and special machines.